How Can Youth Teams Compete in the Magic at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex?
There are several paths for teams to take to participate in this once in a lifetime experience at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. A few of these ways are listed below.
- Disney offers numerous open registration tournaments, as well as training camps that often take place during major school holidays and summer vacation. Primary examples of these events include Disney Soccer and Disney Baseball tournaments.
- Disney Spring Training program is designed for high school and college teams looking to get a jump-start on their season by conditioning in the warm Florida climate. This program also fosters team bonding through community service projects for sports such as; baseball, softball, lacrosse, track & field, tennis, golf and rugby.
- ESPN Wide World of Sports is also home to national championships for many community-based, recreational and travel sports organizations. Leagues such as Pop Warner and the Amateur Athletic Union organize at the local level and then host qualifying regional playoffs that lead to their national championship events held annually at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in sports like basketball, volleyball, football and cheer.
- Showcase tournaments for elite level athletes seeking college recruitment are also hosted at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. These tournaments attract attendance from hundreds of college coaches scouting top talent in soccer, lacrosse, field hockey and track & field.
- Team dreams are made attainable through discounted packages inclusive of team registration, resort accommodations, theme park admission and meal options offered through a variety of travel providers specializing in accommodating youth sports groups. ESPN Wide World of Sports also assists with access to fundraising programs.