LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (July 11, 2019) – The bracket for the 2019 Orlando Invitational was revealed today. The eight-team tournament will be held Thanksgiving weekend, Thursday, Friday and Sunday, Nov. 28, 29 and Dec. 1, 2019, at HP Field House at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort.
The 2019 field includes 2019 NCAA tournament teams Marquette, Maryland and Temple along with 2019 NIT participants Davidson and Harvard. Some highlights from each team.
- Davidson is coming off a 24-10 season and its 17th postseason appearance in 30 years under coach Bob McKillop
- Fairfield returns to the Orlando Invitational for the second time, going 1-2 in 2011 with a victory over Arizona State
- Harvard has won the Ivy League championship seven times in the past nine years
- Marquette has reached the NCAA tournament twice in the past three years, earning a No. 5 seed in 2019 with 24 wins
- Maryland is ranked No. 9 in the most recent ESPN Way Too Early Top 25, after NBA prospects Anthony Cowan Jr. and Jalen Smith announced they would return to the team for the upcoming season
- Temple welcomes new head coach Aaron McKie to a team that has reached the postseason four times in the past five years
- Texas A&M has made two appearances in the NCAA Sweet 16 in the past four seasons, and is under the direction of first-year head coach Buzz Williams
- USC has played in the postseason in three of the last four years
The 2019 Orlando Invitational will feature 12 games over the three days. Each team will compete in one game per day, advancing through a bracket-tournament format. The two teams that remain undefeated will face off in the championship game on Sunday, Dec. 1.
All games will be broadcast on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU or ESPNEWS.
2019 Orlando Invitational
Nov. 28, 29 and Dec. 1
HP Field House (ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort)
|Thu, Nov. 28||11 a.m.||Maryland vs. Temple||ESPN2|
|1 p.m. or 1:30 p.m.||Texas A&M vs. Harvard||ESPN or ESPN2|
|4 p.m.||USC vs. Fairfield||ESPNU|
|6 p.m. or 6:30 p.m.||Davidson vs. Marquette||ESPN2 or ESPNU|
|Fri, Nov. 29||11:30 a.m.||Semifinal #1||ESPN or ESPN2|
|1:30 p.m. or 2 p.m.||Consolation #1||ESPN2 or ESPNEWS|
|4 p.m. or 4:30 p.m.||Semifinal #2||ESPN2 or ESPNU|
|6:30 p.m. or 7 p.m.||Consolation #2||ESPN2, ESPNU or ESPNEWS|
|Sun, Dec. 1||10:30 a.m.||7th Place Game||ESPNU|
|4 p.m. or 6 p.m. or 6:30 p.m.||3rd Place Game||ESPN2 or ESPNU|
|4 p.m. or 6 p.m. or 6:30 p.m.||5th Place Game||ESPN2 or ESPNU|
Non-Bracketed Games: Fairfield at Maryland (Nov. 19), Temple at USC (Nov. 22)
Contact: Charley Green, Media Coordinator at 214-734-8028 or firstname.lastname@example.org